October 08 2015 | 0 Comments
The Ultimate Wide Angle Lens for Canon Full Frame
Zen Underwater is pleased to now support the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM!
With the first results coming in from the Canon 11-24mm f/4 underwater, we are extremely pleased with what we are seeing. It is just as sharp, if not sharper, than the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II from 16-24mm with significantly less apparent purple fringing. At 14mm, the 11-24mm is better in just about every way than the Canon 14mm f/2.8L II. Finally, at 11mm we have nothing to compare this lens against, but it holds up surprising well! There is definitely some noticeable corner softness, but it is surprisingly good for such a wide angle lens on full frame. Stopping the lens down a bit improves it dramatically, and the result is a stunningly wide and distortion free image.
For sample test images, take a look here:
Zen Underwater has developed an updated DP-230 for Nauticam, DP-230-N120-1124, which has a larger port opening to accommodate the diameter of the Canon 11-24mm f/4. It is designed to be used with the Nauticam Extension Ring 70 with Focus Knob for Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM (part #21271). It also includes a user installable locking tab for the bayonet. This locking tab is only used for Nauticam extension rings with the stainless steel locking pin.
July 17 2015 | 0 Comments
Zen Underwater is pleased to announce support for the new Olympus M.Zuiko ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO Lens and the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens on both the Nauticam N85 mount and Olympus PT-EP Housings.
For Nauticam N85 housings we recommend the following configurations:
Olympus M.Zuiko 7-14mm f/2.8
- Nauticam 36204 N85 to N120 Port Adaptor
- Nauticam 21120 Extension Ring 20 with Lock
- Zen Underwater DP-170-N120
Olympus M.Zuiko 8mm f/1.8 (option #1 - small dome)
- Zen Underwater DP-100-N85 (*see below for additional compatibility)
- Nauticam 36630 Mini Extension Ring 30
Olympus M.Zuiko 8mm f/1.8 (option #2 - larger dome)
- Zen Underwater DP-170-N85
For Olympus PT-EP housings, we recommend the following configuration:
Olympus M.Zuiko 8mm f/1.8
- Zen Underwater DP-100-EP
- Zen Underwater ER-EP-25
- For Olympus PT-EP08 or PT-EP11, add the Zen PA-EP08-EP Adaptor
* The original DP-100-N85 was a two piece design (DP-100-S3 + PA-N85-S3) which is not an ideal solution with the Olympus 8mm f/1.8 as it will cause a small amount vignetting. The vignetting is not apparent in the 16:9 video modes. The DP-100-N85 was redesigned at the beginning of the year and is now one solid piece. The best way to distinguish between the two is by reading the model on the bottom shade. If it reads “DP-100” or “DP-100-S3” then it is the original two piece design. If it reads “DP-100-N85” then it is new design and has no vignetting issues.